Wednesday, August 13, 2014

What This Blog Is About...

This blog is only going to be concerned with the Petro families originating in the Virginia mountains in the 1700's, who are believed to be all brothers and sisters. That would include: Henry Petro, Leonard Petro, Nicholas Petro, Philip Petro and Sarah Petro. I am sorry, but there are so many other similar names out there, such as Petry, Peatross and others, I am not going to concern this blog with those, unless there is substantial evidence linking my Petro's to another family of a similar name. Also, I know there are a lot of Petro families who arrived after 1800 from eastern Europe. This won't concern those families either, as it is unlikely they are related.

I am going to provide all evidence for these people, and the research involved to determine who they are and how they are related to one another. I will also try to clear up some confusion and misconceptions about the family out there.  I don't want anyone to feel that I am raining on their genealogy parade, but I am going to take a hard stance on the current accepted Petro line and the supposed evidence for that genealogy.

If anyone has appropriate documents, evidence, questions or concerns about anything I post, please let me know by emailing me. I want this to be a community project and it can only happen with everyone being involved and providing the known facts.

Let's get down to business....

No comments:

Post a Comment